We’re approaching August and its hot. At least were I am. What better fix for a hot afternoon than ice cream and a chilled glass of a quality chardonnay? This pairing would be great to entertain a guest and is perfect to serve later in the afternoon when it starts to cool down. The recipe below is simple; a nice presentation will be sure to impress your friends.
1 lb apricots washed, stoned, and small diced
1/4 lb pecans shelled, and halved
10 oz whipping cream
1/4 cup or caser sugar
1. Whip the cream to supersoft peaks (slightly firm but still falling of a spoon)
2. Gently fold the rest of the ingredients into the cream, place in a freezer safe bag.
3. After 3-4 hours place the ice cream in a large bowl, let it set for five minutes then mix the mixture with a large fork. Place ice cream back in freezer for 3-4 hours.
4. Be sure to let the ice cream sit at room temp before service.
5. Garnish with a few slices of fresh apricot and crushed pecans.
6. Here is a link to a great wine selection http://forgeroncellars.com/accolades/?c=chardonnay