Archive for category Recipes
We’re approaching August and its hot. At least were I am. What better fix for a hot afternoon than ice cream and a chilled glass of a quality chardonnay? This pairing would be great to entertain a guest and is perfect to serve later in the afternoon when it starts to cool down. The recipe below is simple; a nice presentation will be sure to impress your friends.
1 lb apricots washed, stoned, and small diced
1/4 lb pecans shelled, and halved
10 oz whipping cream
1/4 cup or caser sugar
1. Whip the cream to supersoft peaks (slightly firm but still falling of a spoon)
2. Gently fold the rest of the ingredients into the cream, place in a freezer safe bag.
3. After 3-4 hours place the ice cream in a large bowl, let it set for five minutes then mix the mixture with a large fork. Place ice cream back in freezer for 3-4 hours.
4. Be sure to let the ice cream sit at room temp before service.
5. Garnish with a few slices of fresh apricot and crushed pecans.
6. Here is a link to a great wine selection http://forgeroncellars.com/accolades/?c=chardonnay
The Northwest if famous for its strawberries. The queen of England at one time was shipped strawberries from the area. Check out these links for some history about the regions strawberries.
The strawberry has such a complex sweet to tart flavor and has many qualities of an aphrodisiac. Here is a great pairing suggestion for strawberries to pass a way a lazy summer day?
Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Banfi Rosa Regale Brachetto
1 Quart of Fresh local strawberries
1/2 pound of semisweet chocolate. (your choice)
1. Using a glass mixing boils over a pot of boiling water, (making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl) melt the chocolate.
2. Dip the strawberries in the chocolate let the chocolate set. Place then on a in the refrigerator on wax paper until the chocolate is completely solid.
3. Pair these delights with Banfi Rosa Regale Brachetto a perfect italian dessert wine. Here is a link to the wine